Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Make it Stop!

I was hoping to make progress on a more substantive post today, but another "if only" reared its ugly head from Cindy Sheehan.

The latest abomination in their scrutiny of my life is the fact that Casey has no "tombstone." As if it were anybody's business but Casey's family. I am sure every last person who has a problem with this has buried a child and they know what we are going through.

I am being smeared because I have a new car and I have "blown" through "$250,000.00" dollars of Casey's insurance money. I am sure that they have ready access to my bank accounts, too. I know I am writing this to compassionate people who would rather focus on an administration who lies, tortures, kills innocent people using conventional and chemical weapons, spies on its citizens without due process, and is treacherous in outing a CIA operative for petty high school-like revenge, thereby endangering her, her family, and her fellow CIA agents. If it weren't for these criminals, my son wouldn't need a tombstone. [emphasis added]
Everybody deals with death differently, and if you read farther, one of Cindy's main tools is denial. Now, some of the attacks on her have been, well, tasteless. It's her son that's dead, and if she doesn't want a marker and you don't like it, get over it. My discomfort with her stems from her endless tales of woe.

We know that you're sad and hurt, Cindy, but at some point you have to get over it, too.