Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

What's Going On in the World?

I've been out of touch for a while with all the extra work I've made for myself, but after catching up on the news for the last few weeks it seems that there's a lot of strange things going on.

First this offer of truce from Usama. Now, were he making this offer of peace from a penthouse in Riyadh, surrounded by something approaching 72 virgins, I might begin to believe he was negotiating from a position of power. However, given he's been living under a rock in an undisclosed location for four years, unable to even send an email for fear of getting a visit from a laser-guided munition, it seems to me a sure sign he's the ropes and knows it.

Next, Ariel Sharon had a stroke and his political career is over, which makes one wonder if the Conservatives in Israel will return to power and the hard line on Land for Peace.

And, last but certainly not least, Iran is up to its old tricks again.

The question this all leaves me with is this: what have you people been doing with the world since I dropped out of sight? Looks like I've got a lot more catlching up to do....