Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Sunday, June 05, 2005

The Problems (and Promise) of Evangelicals

Since it's Sunday, I'll step out of the box for a bit. I fit Barna's definition of an evangelical, and there's a good article in Christianity Today about why you love (and hate) us so much. The executive summary:
A friend who runs an inner-city shelter for drug addicts and homeless people made this observation: "I love evangelicals. You can get them to do anything. The challenge is, you've also got to soften their judgmental attitudes before they can be effective."

I am guilty on both counts....