Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Politicians Tour Gitmo - No Torture?

I'm not usually one to rehash items the giganti-bloggers cover, but I couldn't resist this one. Little Green Footballs ran a post commenting on a tour politicians got of the detainee camp at Guantanamo Bay. First, contained in the original story was this priceless quote from Rep. Ellen Tauscher (D-CA):

The Guantanamo we saw today is not the Guantanamo we heard about a few years ago.

Okay...now that we've established it's not your father's Guantanamo Bay, let me get to my real point. I would disagree with LGF's assertion that there was no torture going on at Gitmo. I've done a lot of VIP tours through the years, including ones for Gen. Anthony Zinni (who was awesome) and Tom Clancy (who was annoying), and just the idea of having to give a tour to some of the politicians named in the Fox story sounds like torture to me.

Oh! The pain!