Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The Pain Begins.

I just found out the Yankee Sailor household will be going to Sasebo, Japan, for our next tour, and CINCHOUSE is already in a near panic. It's not that she doesn't want to go, she's looking forward to it, "but there's so much to do", she reminds me. In fact, she reminds me about three times a day by e-mail. Never mind that we don't actually leave until April of next year.

There are school arrangements to be made. Why, I'm not sure, because we're home schooling. What are we going to do with the cars? Something, I'm sure, but not for another eleven months or so. What can we take with us, and what do we need to leave behind? Good question, but not one that needs an answer by close of business today. We did decide to sell my motorcycle. Because of my current ship's schedule, and the prospect of a winter in Newport, RI, it will be collecting dust for at least two years. Once that is done she'll start to feel like she's making progress and calm down, at least for fifteen minutes or so.

Pray for me, I need the patience....