Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

No (Internet) Soup for You!

Just when I thought things on the Internet front couldn't get any worse, I was proven wrong. We've got the slowest Internet connection on the ship imagineable, despite the fact it's a big ship. And with the way the Navy's network is structured with firewalls nested within firewalls, an hour of surfing can be accurately described as "error message roulette."

Now that we're pierside, I figured it would settle out. However, we'll never get to know because our off-ship connectivity gets shut down for at least fourteen hours a day while we're loading ordnance.

So, bear with me through the end of the week, faithful readers, and I'll get posts out as the Bit Police permit.