Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Life is Getting Busy

Life is getting busy for the Yankee Sailor. We are getting ready to put back to sea in the next few days, and there are charts and a navigation brief to be prepared, a schedule of events to be chopped, and a movement report to be drafted and sent.

Add to that my Third Class Petty Officer evaluations were due five days ago and I'm still not done with them and I've got some assignments for my master's degree classes that have been languishing for some time, so, posting will be pretty light for the next couple of days.

I'll keep up with the read board, though, because it's easy to draft as I keep up with my professional reading.