Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Georgie in a Huff

British MP George Galloway is making a stink over people making a stink over his alleged acceptance of oil vouchers from Saddam Hussein's regime. Another officer in the wardroom today made the comment that she didn't understand why the American press was paying so much attention to this issue when there were Russian and French politicians that were implicated, too. My response was that no one was outraged by a Russian or French politician taking bribes, because we've come to expect that Russian and French politicians will take bribes.