Carronade The Yankee Sailor Carronade

The Sea is a choosy mistress. She takes the men that come to her and weighs them and measures them. The ones she adores, she keeps; the ones she hates, she destroys. The rest she casts back to land. I count myself among the adored, for I am Her willing Captive.

FLASH TRAFFIC:
I've relocated to a new Yankee Sailor.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Some Joy in America's Loss

The IOC has spoken, and London will host the 2012 summer Olympics. Losing out were Paris and New York.

I have to admit I feel a small twinge of glee that the grandstanding of a certain Senator from New York who appears to have started an early presidential campaign failed to sway the IOC. New York would have done a fine job I'm sure, but the Senator's loss in any argument is perversely satisfying. Alas, all she touches does not turn to gold.

I reserve the most joy, however, for the defeat of the Hereditary Enemy, France, in her bid to host the games. Perhaps Monsieur le Prime Minister underestimated the IOC's fondness for haggis.

Hat tip: Wizbang.